What our trainees had to say about the programme
- I cannot put into words the support currently being provided by the Hampshire SCITT partnership during these current uncertain times. I was concerned I would not be able to continue my training however the partnership have been able to provide tasks appropriate to allow all trainees to continue on my journey to QTS. Trainees have also been able to develop the skills and knowledge to teach classes online with the support from partner schools. Communication is always at the forefront to provide trainees with reassurance and guidance even during the present crisis. I cannot be more thankful than I am now that I chose this partnership to train with as the support and guidance received as been second to none. Ashleigh (Biology trainee)
- Entering the teaching profession with the Hampshire SCITT Partnership, although very hard work, has been enjoyable and rewarding. Two thirds into our training and we are faced with impact the coronavirus pandemic. However, teaching does not stop. We are now embracing the latest technology and teaching remotely from our homes and learning many more skills than we could ever have imagined. Our formal training continues at a pace and I would like to thank the Hampshire SCITT Partnership and school mentors for their continued support and resilience. Tony (Maths trainee)
- A huge thank you for your guidance, support and professionalism over the year. I have really enjoyed the course and the opportunities to develop and reflect on my teaching practice. Becky (Physics trainee)
What trainees have said about their induction
- Excellent start to the year. Very engaging considering the amount of information to get through in three days.
- It has been a great three days with opportunities to get to know the other trainees. Interactive sessions gave an opportunity to think for yourself rather than just being talked at.
- Really impressed with all the speakers. Every presentation was delivered with expertise and each presenter had brilliant knowledge.
- Really insightful, useful and accessible information pitched perfectly. Particularly enjoyed the more interactive sessions/workshops. All presenters instilled confidence and assurance and were thoroughly engaging. Thank you for alleviating fear!
- All of the training received has been extremely consistent and very informative. I have learnt a large volume of useful practice which I hope to be able to use in my teaching to a good standard or more. I have also found it very supportive.
- I have learnt so much already and it has really made me think about my approach to every aspect of teaching. I feel I have come away with so much knowledge and information.
Quotes taken from induction day questionnaires
How did you hear about the Hampshire SCITT Partnership?
- Your current trainees at my workplace recommended it.
- Recommendation from a teacher relative.
- Through researching teacher training courses online.
- Working in a partnership school as an LSA.
- University lecturer.
- Train to Teach event.
What prompted you to apply with the Hampshire SCITT Partnership?
- Really positive comments from trainees and NQTs.
- I’d heard of it’s fantastic reputation.
- Word of mouth about the excellent training it provides.
- A more personal experience, easy to ask for help.
- Reputation – impressed with the entire system: size, support, friendliness.
- Gaining QTS and PGCE.
- Recommendation by a Head Teacher.
- Excellent schools within the partnership.
- I loved their ethos towards education and their trainees.
If you received multiple offers, what made you choose Hampshire SCITT Partnership?
- The experience, organisation and staff.
- The support on offer.
- The partnership schools.
- Excellent employment records.
- I really liked the ethos, leadership and nurturing culture.
- The quality of the course.
- The outstanding Ofsted rating.
- It seemed the most professional and organised.
- I felt both comfortable and challenged by the interview and felt excited by the high standards of the scheme.
- I declined future interviews with alternative providers as the provision seems so impressive.
A range of comments on our weekly training days:
- Great balance of information and interaction.
- Another excellent and inspiring day.
- Excellent day of training and extremely relevant and useful for teaching next week.
- All speakers incredibly enthusiastic and inspirational, reminding me of the reasons I want to enter a career in teaching.
- Lots of information but presented in a brilliant fashion.
- Fabulous input today – there is a huge amount of information being supplied.
- Fantastic practical strategies which can be applied in a classroom.
- Incredibly helpful and well-structured.
- Subject knowledge from lead teacher was phenomenal.
- I found this training really helpful in developing my confidence and giving me areas of improvement.
- Daunting to realise just how high we need to aim to reach a certain level of teaching excellence, but inspiring all the same.
- Truly great day. Lots of very useful information, tips and further research without feeling too overwhelming.
- Fun, interactive and informative.
- All round excellent training day.
- The training today was exceptional.
- Really positive experience.
- As always the speakers were excellent and have left my head swimming with ideas to incorporate in my planning and lessons.
- Was really impressed that every presenter not only explained how to do things but actually gave real solutions/ideas on how to do it.
- Brilliant day.