- Does your written work match your verbal ability?
- Were you late walking, talking etc?
- Did you have Speech & Language Therapy?
- Did you have glue ear and/or grommets fitted?
- Did you have a ‘lazy eye’ or similar problems?
- Do other members of your family have Dyslexia?
- Is black print on white paper difficult to read?
- Do you take longer than peers to complete tasks?
- Do you have short-term memory problems?
- Did you have difficulties with multiplication tables?
- Do you confuse numbers e.g. PINs and passwords?
Your answers to the above questions may indicate that you have Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs):
- DYSLEXIA – words
- DYSPRAXIA – coordination
- VISUAL STRESS
- DYSCALCULIA – numbers
- DYSGRAPHIA – handwriting
- OR a combination of the above
There are a number of associations who can assist with these difficulties, explain their significance and suggest useful coping strategies. For more information please contact the following: