There are three types of funding available for teacher training – depending on your circumstances, you could receive all three:
- Tax-free bursary or scholarship
- Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan
- Extra financial support if you are a parent, have an adult dependant or a disability.
Alternatively, you could earn a salary while you train. You can use the student finance calculator to estimate student loans and extra funding that may be available. Your eligibility for financial support, and the amount you can expect to receive, will depend on the subject in which you train and your degree classification, or highest relevant academic qualification.
Why not visit the following pages to find out more information:
- Training Bursaries
- Postgraduate tuition fee and maintenance loans
- Funding for School Direct (salaried) teacher training
- Training Programme Costs
If you would like further information regarding the funding available for Initial Teacher Training, please call the Teaching Line on Freephone 0800 389 2500.