Applications for in primary and secondary initial teacher training (ITT) courses can be made via the ‘Apply’ system administered by the Department for Education (DfE).
The DfE ‘Apply’ system for the Academic Year 2022 – 2023 will open on 12th October 2021.
The DfE’s ‘Get into Teaching‘ website provides step by step instructions on the application process and allows candidates to explore all the available options.
Key points to remember are:
- We only hold a limited number of training places for all our training programmes and once these vacancies have been filled we must close the programme. For this reason, we strongly recommend an early application to avoid disappointment.
- You will need to provide details of two referees at the time of your application. Applications are not received by training providers until both references have been returned
- All applicants should use ‘Apply 1’ first. This will open on 12th October 2021.
- Once applications have been received, training providers are committed to letting you know their decision within 40 working days
- During ‘Apply 1’ you can apply for up to three choices at the same time (you can choose from any route, subject or age group, in any combination)
- Once you’ve received a response from all of the training providers you applied to, you have 10 working days to respond to any offers you receive. If you fail to respond within 10 working days any offers will automatically be declined
- If you are unsuccessful in ‘Apply 1’, you can try again with ‘Apply 2’. During ‘Apply 2’ you can make unlimited choices but these must be made one at a time.
To view our current vacancies please check here.
Applications for Early Years needs to be made directly to the Hampshire SCITT Partnership.